(Patty Shells with Minced Chicken)
Shells : Ingredients 1/2 cup rice flour 6 tablespoons plain flour 2
tablespoons tapioca flour 4 tablespoons thin coconut milk 1 egg yolk 1/4
teaspoon sugar 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 baking soda (bicarbonate of soda) 4 cups
corn oil or vegetable oil
Filling : Ingredients 2 tablespoons corn oil or vegetable oil 4 tablespoons finely diced onion 200 g (7oz.) cooked chicken (or pork), finely chopped 2 tablespoons finely diced carrot 2 tablespoons sugar 1/4 teaspoon black soy sauce 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon white pepper coriander leaves for garnish, 1 red chilli, finely sliced
Preparing the PATTY SHELLS
1. Make the PATTY SHELLS first by mixing all ingredients except oil together in a bowl.
2. Heat the oil then dip the KRATHONG mould in the oil to heat up.
3. Dip the mould into the batter and plunge back into oil. Fry for about 5 minutes until light brown.
4. Then shake to remove the cup from the mould. Place on the kitchen paper to drain, Repeat to make 20-25 cups.
Preparing the FILLING
1. Put the oil in a hot wok and stir fry onion and chicken for 2 minutes.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and fry for about 3 minutes until vegetables are fairly soft. Leave them to cool.
3. Divide the filling among the batter cups. Garnish with coriander leaves and slices of fresh red chilli.
Main Thai Meals Thai Dessert Thai Herbs Thai Fruits